Monday 29 November 2021

Day 15 at Beccy's Place - M is for Music

 I'm playing along with the

Ninth Annual Month Of Holiday Cards

at

Beccy's Place


I'm not colouring at the moment but I am working on Christmas craft projects for creative little hands around our neighbourhood ... the endless months of Covid-19 lockdowns has brought our community much closer and I look forward to sharing more crafty adventures with them over the coming weekends and school holidays now that restrictions have eased.

Beccy's prompt for Day 15 is the letter "M"
(Beccy's post with "M" inspiration words and
Christmas mouse card to inspire is HERE)

My "M" kids Christmas activity kit is for Music
... a Magical Music Maker.


This wasn't the "M" project I had originally planned but the kids had so much fun picking up sticks for our "Y" activity and started using them as Magic wands that I had to do a search for search for Christmas stick activities and this is the result.


All you need is a stick, pipe cleaners, bells, beads and creative little fingers.
My little helping hands are not well at the moment, so this sample is
my effort while they're on the road to what I hope is a speedy recovery.
I took a sparkling green pipe cleaner, some silver bells and white beads, threading the bells and beads along the pipe cleaner.  I twisted the pipe cleaner around the top bell then started winding the pipe cleaner around the stick until the end.  The bells made a very merry sound as they twisted and turned.  I know my design is quite conservative, so I look forward to seeing the more creative and colourful designs made by little hands.  They might even paint their sticks before transforming them into Magical Music Makers.


I couldn't resist a having a test run
... can you hear the jolly jangle of Jingle Bells?

   

... imagine how wonderful it will sound when several kids start playing their Magical Music Makers together ... I just hope they keep playing music and don't start having musical sword battles.

*** INGREDIENTS ***
sticks, twigs or dowel
assorted bells
assorted pony beads
sparkling pipe cleaners
optional - paints and brushes

*** REFERENCE ***
This project was inspired by the "Day 5: Christmas STEAM Challenges" post on the "Innovation Kids Lab" blog HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Tracy, I hope you don't mind but I went through you craft projects that you made for Beccy's November Challenge and I think you did an awesome job....I taught Art for an elementary school and I just wished I had known some of these projects for the younger class...Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Terrie, I'm THRILLED to have you visit!
      Thank You for your kind comments :)
      We're so lucky to have the internet these days but I must warn you, it is easy to get lost in the world of kid's crafting activities ... my to-do list grows much faster than the actual doing happens but it's nice to know that I can search for ideas when the kids ask for a special activity ... spiders and dinosaurs have been very popular this year :)

      Delete
  2. These are fabulous Tracy, they would also look awesome as decorations... maybe a "bunch" of them in a vase or jar. Love the contrast between the stick and the metal bells, not to mention all the other fun elements you've added. I'm sure the kids will have a ball making these!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Beccy :)

      LOVE your idea about using them as decorations in a vase, we can look and play ... think I will have to order more bells for this activity now!

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.