Tuesday 30 November 2021

Day 26 at Beccy's Place - W is for Wreath

  I'm playing along with the

Ninth Annual Month Of Holiday Cards

at

Beccy's Place


I'm not colouring at the moment but I am working on Christmas craft projects for creative little hands around our neighbourhood ... the endless months of Covid-19 lockdowns has brought our community much closer and I look forward to sharing more crafty adventures with them over the coming weekends and school holidays now that restrictions have eased.

Beccy's prompt for Day 26 is the letter "W"
(Beccy's post with "W" inspiration words and sparkling
Wink Of Stella ornaments cards to inspire are HERE)

My "W" kids Christmas activity kit is for a wreath ...
... a rustic mini wooden peg wreath ornament.


This fun peg wreath ornament started with a heavy cardstock ring.  I layered a 3" and 2" circle together to cut my wreath rings from textured cardstock.  I cut bundles of these, so have lots of bases for kits and lots of 2" green circles to use for an activity another day.
I glued two rings together to make the wreath base sturdier.

I gathered my stash of mini pegs together, they look so cute.


I decided to go for a rustic look and used the plain, unpainted wood pegs and started pegging ... and pegging ... and pegging ... 35 pegs later the wreath ring was surrounded by pegs.
 I finished off the wreath by making a bow from tinsel trim and a loop for hanging from string with a gold metallic thread and gluing them in place.

   

I'm thrilled with how this wreath turned out and know that little fingers will have lots of fun adding pretty colours and sparkle to theirs.  I really like the rustic look and think I might try to "peel" the tinsel bow off and replace it with some burlap string to make it even more rustic.


*** INGREDIENTS ***
mini wooden pegs 
heavy cardstock
ribbon-string-twine-cord - for bow hanging loop
paints - optional for colouring the pegs or wreath base
glitter - glitter glue - to decorate the pegs

*** REFERENCE ***
This project was inspired by the "Mini Clothespin Christmas Wreath Ornament For Kids" post on "The Resourceful Mama" blog HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I love the rustic look too Tracy, and think the burlap would be fabulous... although I bet there are lots of littlies who would much prefer the sparkly tinsel. Isn't it amazing how many pegs it takes to fill one wreath?! I've been tricked before by a similar craft - pins and sequins in a styrofoam ball! I actually had to buy another packet of pins!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beccy :)
      Yes, I was surprised how many pegs it took ... when it comes to making these, perhaps their fingers will wear out fast and they will have big spaces between them, as I can see the peg bag running out very fast! Your sequin ball sounds wonderful, I will have to check them out.

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.