Tuesday 23 November 2021

Day 6 at Beccy's Place - CASE Yourself . . .

. . . CASEing some crayon colouring cards I made several years ago


I'm playing along with the

Ninth Annual Month Of Holiday Cards

at

Beccy's Place


I'm not colouring at the moment but I am working on Christmas craft projects for creative little hands around our neighbourhood ... the endless months of Covid-19 lockdowns has brought our community much closer and I look forward to sharing more crafty adventures with them over the coming weekends and school holidays now that restrictions have eased.

(Beccy's post with her North Pole candy cane card to inspire is HERE)
CASE = Copy And Selectively Edit

My "CASE Yourself" kids Christmas activity is a crayon colouring card.
A few years ago I made several of these and they were very popular.
Details and links are below if you would like to check them out.
There are some changes to those earlier versions, so I am copying the original design and selectively editing to hopefully improve them.  I have used a different Beccy's Place digital stamp to colour and made adjustments to the design, removing the perforations from the crayon holders so that they are stronger, placing the crayon holders so that the crayons sit horizontally in the card and I've made the border of the matting layers wavy instead of scalloped.

Now it's my pleasure to introduce Milton from the
This delightful image and sentiment always makes me smile.


I used a cut file for the crayon colouring card (details and link below), enlarged it to 5 1/2" square front panel (with a 1/2" spine and 5 1/2" square back panel), added a fun wavy matting layer (details and link below) for both the front image panel and for the crayon holder inside.  I removed the perforated cuts from the crayon holder (I found that it was easily torn by little hands removing the crayons when I last made them and hope this will make them stronger) and added the crayon holder to the inner wavy matting layer for inside the card.

I opened the Milton Catching Snowflakes image and the sentiment from the same stamp set in Silhouette Studio then sized them to fit nicely on the wavy panel for the front of the card.  I printed the image panels and cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  I cut the card bases and crayon holder layers, burnishing the folds with a bone folder then adhered all the layers in place.  It was fun choosing the crayons to go inside and I know that little hands will enjoy colouring these Christmas cuties.


*** INGREDIENTS ***
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #249841
Happy Birthday Coloring Card - Cactus - by MiniLou
(note: I enlarged the outer card frame to be 5 1/2" square, 
removed the perforated fold lines from the crayon holders,
added the original sized crayon holders to a wavy square (link below),
I also used Milton Catching Snowflakes digital stamp by Beccy's Place
instead of the cactus image supplied with the cut file)
cardstock
crayons
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive

*** REFERENCE ***

This project was inspired by the crayon colouring card I made several years ago.
Click on the photos below to read the original blog posts
and get links to the Beccy's Place images used in each one.

   

   

   

2 comments:

  1. I love these Tracy, and I actually remember you making them a few years ago. I'm sure the kids will love them... it really doesn't get much better than a card and gift in one.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beccy :)
      ... you have so many fun and fabulous images and I enjoy encouraging the kids to colour and be creative too.

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.