Monday 22 November 2021

Day 7 at Beccy's Place - F is for Fluffy FUN

  I'm playing along with the

Ninth Annual Month Of Holiday Cards

at

Beccy's Place


I'm not colouring at the moment but I am working on Christmas craft projects for creative little hands around our neighbourhood ... the endless months of Covid-19 lockdowns has brought our community much closer and I look forward to sharing more crafty adventures with them over the coming weekends and school holidays now that restrictions have eased.

Beccy's prompt for Day 7 is the letter "F"
(Beccy's post with "F" inspiration words and
Fabulous Fussy cut Figgy pudding card to inspire is HERE)

My "F" kids Christmas activity kit is for a Fluffy Fun rocking Snowman card.


This fun card starts with a 6" circle of white cardstock.  I cut several with my Silhouette Cameo, along with white top folding card bases (made by welding two of the circles together).  The card base is manually scored and given a firm crease with a bone folder to make a top fold.  I designed a black hat for my snowman in Silhouette Studio (it's 7" wide and 4" high) and cut several with my machine too, along with lots of orange carrot noses.  The accent strip for his hat was cut manually from red glitter cardstock into 5" x 1" strips.  The black circles to make his mouth are punched from scrap cardstock and when the time comes for little hands to make his mouth, I am sure that there will be a lot more than five making his cheery smile.


Now that all the "parts" are ready,
it's time to build a snowman!

Adhere the red glitter accent strip to the hat.  Adhere the hat to the top of the white circle, adjusting the height so that there is plenty of room for his face and that the rim is sticking out at the edges.  Run a line of adhesive across the face, just under the rim of the hat and stick fluffy cottonballs in place, going over the edge slightly so that you can't see the cardstock circle underneath.  Continue adding more lines of adhesive and cottonballs until his face is filled with fluffy fun and the cardstock circle is fully covered.  Choose some googly eyes and glue them in place, along with his carrot nose and black circles for his smile.    Glue the snowman to the card base, ensuring his hat is straight, in line with the top of the fold.


Once the glue is dry, it's time to stand the fluffy snowman up and get ready for action.  When you gently tap the edge of his hat, the snowman rocks from side to side
and I am sure his smile grows bigger each time.

   

*** INGREDIENTS ***
white cardstock - for the snowman's head - 6" circle
black cardstock - for the hat and smile
red glitter cardstock - for the hat trim
orange cardstock - for the carrot nose
small circle punch - to make the circles for the smile
buttons can be used instead of punched circles
googly eyes - with liquid glue or glue dots
cottonballs
liquid adhesive
I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry but you can use a glue gun, tacky glue etc
Silhouette Cameo
I designed the pieces for this snowman in Silhouette Studio and used my machine to cut several sets to make my original snowman and have plenty for little hands to play with.  Scissors can be used but when preparing multiple kits, machine cutting makes like much easier.

*** REFERENCE ***
This project was inspired by the "Snowman Craft" post
on "The Best Ideas For Kids" blog HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Now this is awesome! I'm sure this one will be super popular with the kids... even I'm tempted to drag out my cotton balls and have a go! Love the idea Tracy, and you've put so much work into all the little bits and pieces that make up the hat and face. Fantastic!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beccy :)
      This was the first time I planned an activity with cottonballs and will definitely be looking for more. It is so quick and easy to put together and I'm sure they will have fun with all the fluffy gluing. With the variety of ages, I usually have shapes cut out in advance, as it can be a bit stressful keeping an eye on little hands with scissors but the older ones can still get snipping. Punches are another story, WOW, they LOVE using punches!

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.