Sunday 17 November 2019

F is for Fluffy Feathers and Festive Fun

It's that time of year again . . .
we all need to get our Christmas cards sorted and
what better way to do it than playing along with the
at

The prompt for Day 7 is "F"
F is for Fluffy Feathers and Festive Fun


. . . no, you're not seeing double . . .
I shared a 5" x 7" Emu card HERE
this card is an upsized A5 version with extra poinsettias



I opened the single emu image and a sentiment from the Emu Parade digital stamp set from Beccy's Place in Silhouette Studio.  I created a layered oval to fit on a 5" x 7" card front then sized the image and sentiment to fit inside.  I opened a cut file for layered poinsettia flowers (details & link below) and created three different sizes to embellish one side of the oval.  I printed the image on X-Press It blending card then cut with the Silhouette Cameo.  Note: this heavy cardstock gets quite a burred edge when cut with the Cameo, so I put a sheet of release paper over it then burnished the edges with a bone folder.  This gives a nice smooth finish without the horrid shine like you get when you iron black trousers wrong.  I cut some offset layers to mat the image panel, along with several sets of the layered poinsettias.  The image was coloured with Copic markers.  Note: when I coloured the emu's eyes, I used Beccy's Hot Tip Tuesday Tutorial HERE and I agree with Beccy's comment in the tutorial, it really does give the eyes a glassier look, making the him seem more alert and in this case, MERRY too.  Thank You Beccy!



I created a top folding 5" x 7" card base, using two heavy white cardstock panels, scoring the "back" and adhering it to the back of the front panel.  I curled all the petal layers of the poinsettias and added clusters of orange rhinestones to the middle of each one.  (I confess, the rhinestones were pink but I had run out of orange ones, so I transformed them with an orange Copic marker - YR07 - it's our little secret!)
Liquid adhesive was used to secure all the layers in place.




There is lots of dimension on the poinsettias



. . . I think another special Envelope is needed
. . . coming soon, I hope

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Beccy's Place - digital stamp set - emu image - Emu Parade
Beccy's Place - digital stamp set - sentiment - Emu Parade
X-Press It A4 Blending Card
Copic markers - emu - W1-3-5
Copic markers - eyes - YR23-24-27 + black Multiliner + white gel pen
Copic markers - star topper - Y00-02-04 + Y000 + YR23-24
Copic markers - lights - YG01-03 + glow YG00-000-0000 + fitting YR23-24
(darker glow added over the feathers as they were already coloured)

Copic Multiliner - black - to colour pupils
white gel pen - to add shine to the eyes
heavy smooth white cardstock - to make the tall A5 card base
scoreboard and bone folder - to make card base
Kaisercraft 12x12 patterned paper - Mint Twist collection - Candy Stripes
Kaisercraft weave cardstock - Ruby + Crimson + Coral + Guacamole
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #107284
Poinsettia Trio A6 card by by Snapdragon Snippets,
I just used the poinsettias from this file
Helmar Acid Free Professional Glue - to adhere the top fold
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the sentiment

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. I love your patterned paper and the poinsettias! Your emu looks ready to enjoy the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it the first time, love it still! Your new, larger card is fabulous Tracy, great idea to add extra poinsettias. I like all the shaping you did to give the flowers more dimension. Great colouring once again! Well done.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot image an emu EVER feeling festive, so this has given me an extra giggle! Such a fun image and card! Love your candy stripes and border of poinsettias! Thanks for sharing your festive spirit with us at The Paper Shelter Tracy!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fun card with a great image and beautiful papers thank you for joining in at the Crafty Calendar Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘Christmas’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  6. The turkey is a lot of fun. Thanks for entering it in the Get Creative Challenges Blog. Angela DT member.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.