Tuesday 26 November 2019

S is for Snowflakes

It's that time of year again . . .
we all need to get our Christmas cards sorted and
what better way to do it than playing along with the
at

The prompt for Day 22 is "S"
S is for Snowflakes


I've been making lots of Christmas cards, some with snowmen, others with penguins and thought that it would be nice to make some special envelopes for them.  These fancy envelopes are from a cut file called Snowflake Envelopes from My Scrap ChickThe good news is that this cut file is currently a newsletter freebie, available for FREE until the new Friday Freebie is released, after that it's available for purchase.  I opened the files in Silhouette Studio, rotated 45 degrees then enlarged them slightly so that they just fitted on the 12" x 12" cutting mat.  I wanted them to be slightly larger, allowing some extra space for all the dimension I tend to add to my cards.

The (almost) square envelopes are 6 5/8" x 6 3/8".


The rectangular envelopes are 7 1/2" x 5 1/8".


These snowflake shaped flaps are so pretty,



they look great even from the inside.


  The pretty blue cardstock is the same one that I am using to make some more cards with, so they will match perfectly ... when I eventually get them finished ... there are lots of layers and fiddly bits to adhere together.

~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
My Scrap Chick - envelope cut files - Snowflake Envelopes
American Crafts - 12x12 textured cardstock
Silhouette Cameo
Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive - to adhere the flaps to form the envelopes
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the snowflakes

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

Beccy's 7th Annual Month of Holiday Cards
Day 22 - S is for Snowflakes


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what gorgeous envelopes! I love the snowflake design Tracy, what a great idea. Your cards are going to look wonderful arriving is such style. Love them!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.