Thursday 21 November 2019

O is for Ornament

It's that time of year again . . .
we all need to get our Christmas cards sorted and
what better way to do it than playing along with the
at

The prompt for Day 17 is "O"
O is for Ornament

Let me introduce Stanley.  Stanley's Bauble is a FREE digital Stamp from Beccy's Place and his vibrant red ornament is perfect for my "O" card.


Stanley started out as a CAS only layer card.  I printed the image and sentiment on X-Press It blending card, heat set then coloured with Copic markers.  Unfortunately, when I went to colour the sentiment with a luscious metallic gel pen, I smeared it and made a mess.  Without thinking, I whipped out the scissors and started fussy cutting ... sigh ... why didn't I just stick a sentiment tag on top of it?


Anyway, after fussy cutting Stanley, I went around the edges with a black Memento Tuxedo Black dual tip marker then decided to try a new design.  I was inspired by a sketch (details and link below) and started giving Stanley a new home.  I cut a 1/4" strip of velvety green glitter cardstock and adhered it to a 7" x 5" card.  I die cut the sentiment from charcoal glitter cardstock, trimmed off one end and adhered it next to the glitter strip.  I used thin foam squares to pop Stanley in place and my card was done.  I make it sound super speedy but it took me quite a while to complete the colouring and almost as long to finish my frustrated fussy cutting.


I have used the Stanley's Bauble digital Stamp to make several cards in the past and always enjoy colouring him, especially the bauble now that I am getting more confident building up the curved shine.  I think he enjoys being in the spotlight.



~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Beccy's Place - FREE digital stamp - Stanley's Bauble
X-Press It A4 Blending Card
Copic markers - Stanley bear - E31-33-35-37 + E02
Copic markers - bauble - R21-22-24-27-29
Copic markers - hanger at end of bauble - Y15 + YR23-24
Die Cuts With A View - Glitzy Glitter cardstock stack
Sizzix Big Shot
Lawn Fawn - die - Merry Christmas Line Border Die Cut
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive - to adhere the strip & sentiment
thin foam squares - to adhere Stanley

~~~*~~~*~~~
I am going to enter my card in the following challenges:
~~~*~~~*~~~

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Challenge #32 – Anything With A Critter Goes

AAA Cards - CAS Game #153 - One Image + Optional Twist Shimmer

Beccy's 7th Annual Month of Holiday Cards
Day 17 - O is for Ornament
CAS(E) this Sketch - Sketch #348

Colour Crazy Challenge - Week 45 – Anything Goes
Colouring In Scrapland - November Challenge – Not Square or Anything Goes
Crafting With An Attitude - Challenge #57 – Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Challenge #483 – Anything Goes – optional twist: Birthday
Crafty Creations - Challenge #402 – Anything Goes
Crafty Friends Challenge Blog - Challenge 123 – Christmas
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Challenge #175 – Anything Goes
Digi Choosday Craft Challenge - Wk47 – Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams Challenge - Christmas / Winter
Get Creative Challenges - Challenge #86 – Anything Goes optional twist Holidays
Inkspirational Challenges - Challenge #200 – Celebration
Imagine That Digistamp - Creative Playground Challenge #11 – Anything Goes
Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge Blog - Challenge #2 – Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Craft Challenge - Wk46 – Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Challenge #407 – A Christmas Card 
Through The Craft Room Door - TTCRD Anything Goes 19th Nov

17 comments:

  1. Your card was worth the effort though. It's so cute! I love how you layered your sentiment over the glitter stock. (Wait to you see my T card - something I thought would start out as so simple turned into something not so simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance, I thought this was a one-layer card. Lovely design Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS design and such a cute image, just love it.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colouring is absolutely fabulous Tracy, the dimension on the bauble is wonderful! Sorry to read that you had a little mishap... I can definitely relate. Even to the part about whipping out the scissors without thinking! But it looks like it ended up being a happy accident because your card is fantastic! Love it.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super CAS card, love that cute little bear. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with the new challenge that's just started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me CAS is so hard and you have created the perfect card. Thank you for joining the fun at The Paper Shelter! Good luck and please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ornament is almost as big as Stanlely! He must be a strong bear! Your card is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic Christmas card, thank you for taking the time to join in with The Paper Shelter this week, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card, so clean, beautiful.
    Thank you for participating in our Anything Goes Challenge at Through the door to the craft room this week. See you again, another challenge.
    greetings
    Danka
    TTCRD
    Danki's creative passions {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely, thank you for sharing with us over here at Get Creative Challenges and best of luck with your entry.
    Ine (DT) http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely clean and simple card into our ‘Christmas’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this super cute card. Thanks for sharing your CAS card with us at Digichoosday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes our cards becomes different than we had in mind, just because of a little mistake, but you repaired it and made a lovely card, thanks for joining our challenge, greetings Petra DT digichoosday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy, I love the simplicity of this card. Your coloring of the bauble makes Stanley pop! I have changed my thoughts on cards and designs often mid-stream... follow your urges! Thank you for sharing your adorable card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge! Good Luck in the drawing!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Tracy! Your CAS card is WONDERFUL! I have pinned it for inspiration, because I'm trying to learn how to do CAS. Your little bear made me laugh outright, and the warm colors are just perfect for Christmas! So happy I got to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great card - thanks for for sharing it with us at the Imagine That Digistamp Creative Playground Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.