Thursday 17 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 11 - J is for . . .

I'm playing along with the
Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "J" inspiration words and beautiful
"Joy To The World" card to inspire are HERE)

My "J" project is a Jolly Juggling Snowman.

While making our 2022 Christmas cards, I'm also trying to prepare Christmas craft activities for kids in our neighbourhood too.  Today I'm preparing samples and kits for making Jolly Juggling Snowmen, inspired by THIS tutorial I found in cyberland.


This Christmas craft activity starts with an A5 sheet of cardstock for the background.

Then the FUN begins, because we bring out the punches,
little hands LOVE using my punches.

The pieces for the snowman (at least for my sample, who knows what little hands will do with theirs) include a 2" circle, a 1 1/2" circle and a 1" circle.  I punched one set for my Jolly Juggling Snowman and bundle of others to have ready for when little hands are not able to sit out on our front lawn to get creative with my punches.


Next comes the snowflakes.  I confess I have punched out a gazillion of them today, and, yes, in case you're wondering, my hands are SORE.  I'm pretty happy about my day though, because I was able to use the "waste" white cardstock from when I cut out the bases for the Day 9 - H is for Holly Trimmed Envelopes and circles for the Day 7 - Complementary Colours cards using my Silhouette Cameo.  I'm amazed how many snowflakes are in my pile and just how little "waste" ended up going into the recycle bin => Happy Dance time!  As with the circles, the spares are for when little hands are not able to sit out on our front lawn to get creative with my punches.



Here's the recipe:
Adhere the circles to make the snowman.
Punch tiny black circles for eyes, mouth and buttons, glue in place.
(or draw on the eyes, mouth and buttons with a black marker)
Cut carrot nose from orange cardstock and glue in place.
(or draw on the nose with an orange marker)
Cut arms from cardstock or pipe cleaners and glue in place.
Cut a top hat from black felt or cardstock and glue on snowman's head.
Glue three snowflakes to make it look like the snowman is juggling them.
I used the largest snowflakes and popped them with foam dots for added dimension.
Glue assorted snowflakes to cover the ground and flutter through the sky.
SMILE and ENJOY your Jolly Juggling Snowman.


This fun Jolly Juggling Snowman panel could be adhered to a cardbase (score and fold an A4 sheet of cardstock in half) and used as a Christmas card for someone special. 

*** INGREDIENTS ***
nimble fingers
assorted snowflake punches
assorted circle punches
(mine are Fiskars Round 'n Round Medium, Large, Extra Large)
lots of white cardstock - for snowman and snowflakes
A5 cardstock - assorted colours - for background
brown cardstock or pipe cleaners - for wooden arms
black felt or cardstock and scissors - for top hat
foam dots - to pop the three snowflakes being juggled
glue dots or liquid adhesive
(my favourites are Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and Tombow Mono Multi)
scissors to cut cardstock arms / pipe cleaners
(I use a pair of Fiskars Kitchen Shears to cut pipe cleaners)
tiny circle punches - 1/8" and 1/4" - for eyes, mouth and buttons
and orange cardstock and scissors for nose
OR
black and orange markers - to draw on eyes, mouth, nose and buttons
reference - THIS tutorial I found in cyberland

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at all those snowflakes! My goodness, you've been busy Tracy, the kids are going to LOVE this project. It's a cute idea to have the snowman juggling snowflakes. I love that you're constructing him from punched circles too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.