Wednesday 9 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 5 - E is for . . .

 I'm playing along with the

Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "E" inspiration words and
sweet eggnog card to inspire are HERE)

My "E" project is an Emu ... actually it's a mob of emus.

The fun Emu Parade image is from the Emu Parade digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place Store, the Merry Christmas sentiment from the same set.  I printed the image on textured cardstock and coloured the mob with alcohol markers.  I know, textured cardstock is not the "right" one for use with alcohol markers but there's not a lot of shading and I love the texture with their feathers.


   


I originally planned this card to be a 5" x 7" side fold but changed things up by adding a flat-folding-easel to the back of the card so that it stands up like a top folding card.  I will make a small sentiment panel to fit above the easel on the back of the card.

   

   

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Emu Parade image from the Emu Parade digital stamp set
Merry Christmas sentiment from the same Emu Parade digital stamp set
Easel For Back Of Card by Lori Whitlock
textured cardstock
alcohol markers
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive

***
If you're interested in the markers used, here they are:
feathers - Copic - W2-W4-W6
beaks - T1-T3-T5-T7
gumnuts - E55-E57-E59
eyes - GraphicPro - 35-32-103
leaves - GraphicPro - 59-55
"necklaces" - Copic - E55-57

1 comment:

  1. I print on whatever I feel like, Tracy... sometimes you get awesome effects by doing something a bit different, and your card is a great example of that. I think you've done an amazing job with the colouring, those emus look fantastic. Love the way you've placed them behind and above the sentiment panel. Great card!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.