Wednesday 30 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 27 - y is for . . .

I'm playing along with the
Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "Y" inspiration words and delightful
stacked yellow gifts card to inspire are HERE)

My "Y" project is a Yummy Yuletide Tree with Yellow bling.

I used the Mix & Match Tree Box Trio - cut file from My Scrap Chick to make a six-sided tree shaped treat box, the first of several that I need to make.  Our regional families were severely affected by the record breaking flooding last month, so much devastation and loss.  Needless to say, Christmas is the LAST thing they're thinking of at the moment.  Not being in their own home means none of the usual decorations and limited space for anything, so my plan is to send them this to sit on the dining table.
It can be their mini Christmas Tree and the
lid lifts off easily to reward them with a tasty treat.


It's quite large too, the hexagonal base is 7 1/2" from point-to-point, 6 1/2" from flat-side-to flat-side and stands 9" high.  It's amazing what you can make from two sheets of A4 glitter cardstock and four sheets of 12" x 12" textured cardstock (2 x green, 2 x brown).

   

The box under the tree lid is huge ...



Wondering how many tasty treats fit inside?

   

... forty-seven ... yes, 47 treats fitted inside and it's HEAVY ...
I might have to get a sturdy tray or cake stand for it.


PS - I have never used pearl strands before and I tell you, I was lucky I had my husband help me try to tame the strand while I tried to secure them in place by sticking a poinsettia on top at points along the way ... it was a very creative version of twister!  Next time I hope I remember to put a glue dot under the pearl strand on the tree then glue a poinsettia on top later, it really does have a mind of its' own!

*** INGREDIENTS ***
I made the 6-sided tree box
Silhouette Cameo - to cut the pieces
12" x 12" textured cardstock - 2 x green, 2 x brown, 1 x crimson
A4 glitter cardstock - 2 sheets
liquid adhesive
Helmar 450 Quick dry for larger panels / layers
Helmar Acid Free Professional for the smaller pieces / flaps
rhinestones - for middle of poinsettia flowers
I didn't have any yellow left so used a rich yellow alcohol marker to
colour clear rhinestones and transform them into pretty yellow gems
pearl strand - to decorate tree
glue dots - to glue the poinsettias and pearl stand in place

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! This is something else Tracy! The tree must be huge to fit all those lollies inside... what an awesome decoration for the table. I can imagine how heavy it would be when filled like that. It's fabulous as a decoration on it's own, but the hidden treats definitely take it to the next level.
    Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with the string of pearls, but I have to say, it was definitely worth the effort. They look fantastic!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.