Wednesday 23 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 22 - T is for . . .

I'm playing along with the
Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "T" inspiration words, Tutorial and
Two-fer Tree cards to inspire are HERE)

My "T" project is a Trio of Tall Trees.


No colouring from me today, instead I have used the pre-coloured "Tree" image from the Tell It To The Trees digital stamp set (no longer available) from the Beccy’s Place store.  I combined it with the "Merry & Bright" sentiment from the Golden Bell digital stamp set (no longer available) from the Beccy’s Place store.  I chose the tree image without any leaves because it reminds me of "A Charlie Brown Christmas".  I used a cut file for a slimline card as a guide for the sizing of the image panel and sentiment, as I wanted to make the envelope to match (link in ingredients).

I confess, I have only just learnt that what I thought was slimline was actually just "tall", so now I know, what is considered a standard slimline card is 3 1/2" wide x 8 1/2" tall ... it's true, you really do learn something new every day.

Anyway, my image panel is 2.8" x 7.8" and I placed the tree so that there would be space to pop a matted sentiment below it on the front of the card later.  I manually cut the image and sentiment panels, matted with cardstock trimmed to size with my Perfect Layers Rulers, giving one tree 3/16" border, another 1/8" and the last tree 1/16".  I manually cut, scored and folded my card base, added a touch of glue and the card was nearly done.  A Christmas Tree is not "Christmassy" without some ornaments, so I finished it off assorted rhinestones.



PS - no "bling fingers" for me today, I used the rubbery handle from one of my tools
to press the rhinestones in place, another finger-saving-idea learnt today.

I plan on using my Silhouette Cameo to cut the slimline envelopes (from the Gingerbreadand Cookies Slimline Card with Envelope set from My Scrap Chick) to make the cards look extra special.

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Tree - pre-coloured image from the Tell It To The Trees – digital stamp set
no longer available from the Beccy’s Place store
Merry & Bright sentiment from the Golden Bell digital stamp set
no longer available from the Beccy’s Place store
My Scrap Chick - slimline card and envelope cut file
textured cardstock
Silhouette Cameo - to cut the envelope.
assorted red rhinestones

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic cards Tracy... glad to hear you aren't suffering with bling fingers again today! I love the addition of the rhinestones, they definitely make the bare trees look extra festive. I like how you've changed the size of the borders on each card, isn't it interesting how different they look with that one simple change?
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.