Tuesday 15 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 12 - K is for . . .

I'm playing along with the
Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "K" inspiration words and
cute carolling Koalas card to inspire are HERE)

My "K" project is Kraft, Kraft cardstock.

No colouring by me today ... instead I have used a merry little music notes image-sentiment combo with Kraft cardstock to make a set of CAS cards.  I confess, I love top folding cards and when I get to use a 5" x 7" card base with a landscape front panel,
I'm a happy crafter.


I sized the image-sentiment to fit on a 5" x 7" panel, printed, manually cut then adhered the panel to a card base.  Sounds easy peasy, right?  No, I like to overthink things and fiddled around with the placement, first smack bang along the middle like the original design file, then in the lower third (yes, the good old rule-of-thirds) and they just didn't look "right".


So I tested the Goldilocks theory and moved it to between the two
and I think it's just right.


   



*** INGREDIENTS ***
Merry Little Christmas Music Card by Dresden Carrie
Kraft cardstock
pre-scored 5" x 7" card bases
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive



2 comments:

  1. Yep... I think the goldilocks theory served you well Tracy, the placement looks perfect to me. I'm also with you on the top folding cards, they're my favourites. And for the hat trick, I'm also on board with the CAS design! Love them!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design process made me smile. I think we all can relate to you. Lovely set of cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.