Wednesday 9 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 7 - Complementary Colours -1

I'm playing along with the
Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with a description of Complementary Colours on the
Colour Wheel and Red-Green candy frame card to inspire are HERE)

My "Complementary Colours" are RED and GREEN

No colouring by me today ... instead I have used pre-coloured images by Beccy.  
My card uses the three different pre-coloured proteas from the Proteas digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place Store and a made-by-me "Merry Christmas" sentiment.  It's great how we can layer and re-size the digital images.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to make and cut fancy scalloped circle top folding card bases.  (I used a scalloped circle shaped cut file, rotated so that two scallops were level at the bottom, allowing the circle card to stand.  I duplicated the "front" and flipped it vertically, overlapped them and welded to create my top folding card with scallops that matched perfectly.)  I sized the image panels and sentiments to fit inside a circle to go on the front of the cards, printed then cut them and used liquid adhesive to secure the pretty proteas in place.


   



I really like how you can transform any shape into a top folding card.


*** INGREDIENTS ***
Proteas - pre-coloured images from the Proteas digital stamp set
Merry Christmas sentiment - Lily Bloom Regular Font
Scallop Circles with Inside Circles Nested by Stinkin Cute Paper Piecings
textured cardstock
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive

1 comment:

  1. I love that we have so many unique flowers that are perfect for Christmas Tracy, it's nice to have an Aussie flavour every now and then. You've done a great job working with the digital images. I agree that moving and layering them is one of the big advantages over traditional stamps. Love the shaped bases you used.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.