Monday 14 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 13 - Humorous

I'm playing along with the
Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post asking us to create a project that will bring a
smile and her fun Christmouse card to inspire are HERE)

My "Humorous" project is Santa's reindeers in the dark.

With my mind swirling with card ideas and Christmas craft activities for kids, I remembered a card I made a few years ago (it's linked at the end of this post).
It brought a lots of smiles smiles at the time, so I thought this could be a "two-fer" for me this year.  I have made two of these cards to send out.  The added bonus is that it's a perfect project for little hands too.  I have a sheet of self adhesive googly eyes, some red rhinestones and black cardstock ready for little hands to have a giggle while making some of these cards as a Christmas craft activity.
Funny, fast, easy and no mess, so this one ticks all the right boxes.


   


These cards give me an extra smile because they remind me of some holidays we took many years ago ... we bought some super special "at night" postcards and took great pleasure in posting them to family and friends ... they had a completely black front and had to be turned over to "read" all about where we were holidaying as there weren't any special landmarks to see on the front, needless to say, it frustrated everyone he he he :)

~~~*~~~*~~~
Let's end the day with a little sing-a-long about Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
There WILL be a test at the end to find out if you know all the reindeer names...
~~~*~~~*~~~

*** INGREDIENTS ***
self adhesive googly eyes - I used 6mm
black cardstock
red adhesive gems / bling / rhinestones
(I confess, I have used all my red rhinestones, so I used a red alcohol marker
to transform some pink and mauve gems into rich red Rudolph noses)
pre-scored 5" x 7" card bases

~~~*~~~*~~~

Here is my card from years ago that inspired my cards today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are so cute!! I can see why this card was popular Tracy, what a great idea and I'm sure the kids will all want to make one. I love the addition of the single rhinestone to mark Rudolph... very funny!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.