Wednesday 30 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 29 - Z is for . . .

 I'm playing along with the

Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "Z" inspiration words and
beautiful Z-fold card to inspire are HERE)

My "Z" project is Zig Zag.

The garland on my Christmas Tree is a single piece that
Zigs and Zags across the Christmas Tree treat box.


While making our 2022 Christmas cards, I'm also trying to prepare some Christmas craft activities for kids in our neighbourhood too.  Today I'm preparing a sample and kits for making Christmas Tree treat boxes.  I thought that little hands might enjoy decorating their very own treat box and getting it filled with tasty treats when it was finished.


These fun treat boxes were made using a cut file (see details and link in ingredients).  The Zig Zag garland piece was a bit fiddly to adhere in place, so I decided that it would be too messy and challenging for little hands, so I adhered them on all the bases.

   

In case you were wondering,
these Zippy Christmas Tree treat boxes hold a LOT
... there are eleven Twix, yes, 11, inside this one
... and I could probably tuck in another couple if I tried.
Why eleven you may well ask, well that's a full packet...


Little hands can decorate these treat boxes in any way they want, using assorted rhinestones, sequins, glitter glue etc.  I bought a bundle of little tubes of glitter glue, so that they can be included with each kit and any leftovers used for another project.

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #309404
Christmas Tree Box - cut file by Studio Ilustrado
Silhouette Cameo - to cut the pieces
textured cardstock
liquid adhesive
Helmar 450 Quick dry for larger panels / layers
Helmar Acid Free Professional for the smaller pieces / flaps
assorted rhinestones / sequins - for decorating
assorted glitter glue

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for the "z" prompt Tracy, that's clever thinking! Your little tree boxes are awesome and I'm sure the kids are going to love these... not sure how many treats will actually make it home, but I know they'll enjoy it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.