Sunday 13 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 9 - H is for . . .

I'm playing along with the
Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "H" inspiration words and delightful 
card with a heavenly sentiment to inspire are HERE)

My "H" project is a set of Holly trimmed envelopes.

I've been making lots of cards and decided to make some special envelopes to put them in.  I used the Holly Trimmed Envelopes cut file set to make them.  I enlarged the A6 envelope (the file comes with A2 and A6 sizes) to be 10 ½” wide on the cutting mat so that the finished envelopes would fit 5” x 7” cards.  Before cutting, I removed the score lines from the envelope so that I could manually score for a smoother finish.  The envelope bases and holly layers were cut from textured cardstock and adhered together with liquid adhesive.  I added two layers of Barn Door Distress Ink to the edges of the berries to give more contrast and dimension when they get layered together.


   

I love these envelopes so much that I have made eight ... so far ... more to come.



*** INGREDIENTS ***
textured cardstock
scoreboard and bone folder
Barn Door Distress Ink
ink blending brush
Tombow Mono Multi liquid adhesive

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are gorgeous Tracy! I would be thrilled to receive such a pretty envelope and would hang it up alongside the card so everyone could see. I have to confess that making envelopes is one of my least favourite activities so I generally try to make standard sized cards, but after seeing these I think I might whip up just a few extra pretty ones. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.