Friday 18 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 18 - P is for Proteas

 I'm playing along with the

Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "P" inspiration words and pretty
paper pieced snowmant card to inspire are HERE)

My "P" project is a Proteas.
Yes, Proteas, my earlier card was a single Protea,
this card includes a cluster of three Proteas.

No colouring by me today ... instead I have used three pre-coloured images from the Proteas digital stamp set from the Beccy's Place Store and a sentiment from the Emu Parade digital stamp set, also from Beccy's Place Store.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to make and cut fancy scalloped circle top folding card bases.  (I used a scalloped circle shaped cut file, rotated so that two scallops were level at the bottom, allowing the circle card to stand.  I duplicated the "front" and flipped it vertically, overlapped them and welded to create my top folding card with scallops that matched perfectly.)  Unlike the Protea cards I made for Beccy's Day 7 prompt (HERE and HERE), this is an easel card.  I layered three different Protea images together and sized the image panel to fill the circle to go on the front of the card, printed then cut and used liquid adhesive to secure the pretty Proteas panel in place.  The easel fold was created by adding a scoreline halfway across the front of the top folding card base and adhering the matted image panel to the bottom half of the scored panel.  The sentiment is from the Emu Parade digital stamp set, so I have combined two Aussie themed sets from the Beccy's Place Store to create my card.  I sized the sentiment to fit into an oval inside the card, cut with my Silhouette Cameo, matted then popped in place with foam squares to make a ledge to hold the front panel up and make the card stand up proudly for display.


I really like how you can transform any shape into a top folding card
and how you can an extra surprise by making it into an easel fold,
flat for mailing and dimension for display.


This is my second easel card using pretty Proteas,
the first one I made had a single Protea HERE.




I've now made four Christmas cards using this set of Protea images
... thinking I might have to make some more! 

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Proteas - pre-coloured images - Proteas digital stamp set
Merry Christmas sentiment - Emu Parade digital stamp set
Scallop Circles with Inside Circles Nested by Stinkin Cute Paper Piecings
textured cardstock
scoreboard and bone folder to create the folds
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive
foam squares to pop the sentiment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.