Tuesday 29 November 2022

Beccy's Place Day 26 - X is for . .

I'm playing along with the
Tenth Annual
Month of Holiday Cards Challenge


~~~*~~~*~~~

(Beccy's post with "X" inspiration words and pretty cardinal
on X-Press It blending card to inspire are HERE)

My "X" project uses X-treme scraps to make a
Christmas Tree topped with a double-X star.

While making our 2022 Christmas cards, I'm also trying to prepare some Christmas craft activities for kids in our neighbourhood too.  Today I'm preparing samples and kits for making Christmas Trees using cardstock scraps and wooden craft sticks (inspired by THIS project I found in cyberland).


I've been using lots of green cardstock, some trimmed manually from 12" x 12" sheets, others cut into fancy shapes using my Silhouette Cameo.  I decided to trim thin strips from my "leftovers" before sending anything to the recycle bin.  Needless to say, I have a lot of different shades of green and lots of strips in different widths and lengths, you could say they're X-treme scraps.  To make a tree, take a craft stick and start adhering green strips across the stick, leaving space at the bottom to form the trunk.  Start with the longest strips, using shorter strips as you go upwards to make form the tree shape.  It is easier to trim the strips to size before adhering them in place.  You can leave it with a rustic look or it can be trimmed to form straight edged "triangle" shape.


Glue two thin strips of sparkling gold cardstock to make a little "X", glue another two strips to make a second "X" then layer the X's together to make the star to top the tree.


Glue the star to the top of the tree.
Glue a loop of thin ribbon or twine to the back of the tree to finish off the
X-tremely Scrappy Christmas Tree ornament
topped with a double-X star.

   


Little hands can also decorate the tree with assorted rhinestones / sequins / enamel dots.  I have left my sample with just the double-X star because I like seeing the different shades of green together with the touch of sparkle shining through.

*** INGREDIENTS ***
assorted craft sticks
adhesive
double-sided tape / liquid glue / glue dots
assorted strips of green scrap cardstock
strips of gold cardstock - to make star
scissors to trim strips to shape the tree
assorted rhinestones / sequins / enamel dots - to decorate tree
inspired by THIS project I found in cyberland

1 comment:

  1. I love these trees Tracy, the rustic look is perfect! I would definitely leave the ends untrimmed. The star at the top is cute too, I think that's a great way to make a nice tree topper.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.