Wednesday 1 November 2023

A is also for ADVENT

A is for ADVENT


I opened the Christmas Countdown Cubes cut file (free from Craft With Sarah) in Silhouette Studio and set up all the score lines and colours for cutting.  I did make a change before cutting, I used one of my favourite fonts (Sweetie Pie) to create new numbers for the sides of each cube.  Once cut, I folded all the scorelines inwards, burnishing with a bone folder for a crisp fold.  Before assembly, I adhered the numbers as per Sarah’s guide, so that all the right combinations will work for each day, I didn’t want to get things mixed up after it was assembled.  Also, it's much easier to adhere things in place on a solid flat surface.  No, in case you were worried, there are no numbers missing, the number “6” doubles as a “9” when needed.

I followed the instructions for assembling the base then popped the layered title panel in place with foam squares.  As for the number cubes, I want to add an activity/treat to each day, so I left one of the sides with tabs open, like a gift box, not glued together as a “solid” cube.  I found that they were a little short to stay tucked in neatly, to I grabbed some bits of matching cardstock from my "scraps-for-later" stash and there were some pieces with a nice curve that I trimmed to fit.  I glued them on the the outside of the tab so that it made it even a more snug fit to stay closed.  I may make a half circle notch with my round squeeze punch (or put a little ribbon tab there) to make it a little easier to open.




Some festive fun for everyone.

   

NOTE: I'm trying to use a design from Beccy's Place for the prompt each day.
This project doesn't include any BUT I shared some
"A" cards earlier that use a Beccy's Place digital stamp.

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
Christmas Countdown Cubes cut file – FREE – Craft With Sarah
Sweetie Pie font - Silhouette Design Store Design ID #104092
- by Lori Whitlock
metallic gold and silver cardstock
red and green textured cardstock
bone folder – for burnishing folds
Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue – to glue the smaller pieces
foam squares to pop the title panel
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive – to glue the larger pieces

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my ADVENT in the
11th Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge at Beccy's Place 

2 comments:

  1. I love this Tracy! What a great idea for an advent calendar... and with a hidey hole for treats! It doesn't get much better than that. You did a fabulous job adding the extra pieces of cardboard so that your little boxes could open. Awesome choice of fonts too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and delicious way to count down to Christmas, Tracy :-) So pretty!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.