Tuesday 14 November 2023

L is for Layers




My wide slimline card with a trio of jingle bells started in Silhouette Studio.
I opened the "Single Bell" pre-coloured digital stamp and "Merry Little Christmas" digital sentiment from the Jingle Bell digital stamp set by Beccy’s Place.  I replicated the bells so that I had three to work with, I sized them all differently and flipped one so that the bow was facing opposite the others.  I arranged the bells at different heights and sized sentiment to fit nicely together on a 7 3/4" x 2 3/4" panel to go on the front of a slimline card base.  I printed the panel on white textured cardstock and trimmed to size.  I matted the panel with Stargaze textured cardstock, trimmed to a 1/16" border
with a Perfect Layers Ruler, then adhered to a slimline card base that I had matted with white textured cardstock.  I love how this rich blue matting layer accents the blue-grey of the bells.  One last thing was needed to finish it off, a magical touch of sparkle with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to all the bells.


   

I love the delicate sparkle from Wink of Stella
but it's so hard to capture it in photos ...
trust me, it's there and it twinkles in the light from all angles.


   

~~~*~~~*~~~

INGREDIENTS
I used the following elements from the set:
Single Bell - pre-coloured digital stamp
Merry Little Christmas – digital sentiment
textured cardstock - for image panel and matting layer
300gsm smooth white Letter cardstock - to make the card base
scoreboard & bone folder - to score and burnish the card fold
Helmar 450 Quick Dry - to adhere the layers
Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush - to add sparkle to the bell

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the

 


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic way to use the single bell image Tracy, I love your design! The textured cardstock is wonderful... the rich, deep blue contrasts beautifully with the bright white.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.