Wednesday 22 November 2023

T is for Triangles . . .

. . . a Tremendous number of Triangles!
 



T is for Triangles, a Tremendous number of Triangles


I used several elements from the Jingle Bell digital stamp set by Beccy’s Place, including the "Paper White" digital paper, the "Merry Little Christmas" digital sentiment and the "Bells with Bow and Pine", the "Bell Top Corner" and the "Bell Lower Corner" pre-coloured digital stamps to make these cards.  There are so many images and sentiments in this delightful set that it's impossible to choose just one, so it was only fitting that I got to combine so many in this card design.  I opened the digital paper, images and sentiment in Silhouette Studio, along with the Diamond Fold Card cut file (details below) and set up the panels for printing and cutting.  I added a matting layer to all the patterned pieces and sentiment to for some extra contrast.  The panels for two cards fitted perfectly on 12x12 sheets of cardstock and it seemed a shame to not make two cards at the same time, I just couldn't resist.  Once all the pieces were printed and cut, I adhered the layers, burnished the folds and secured the belly bands.  I probably made the belly bands a bit loose, as they don't hold the card completely flat but I didn't want them too snug, making it hard to slide them on and off.

Oh what a fun fancy fold!

When the card is opened it stands up, held stable by
the end panels and the middle diamond panel.

Here is another view of the dimension,
with the open card laying flat.


It's hard to believe that this ...


becomes this with quick push from the sides and a slide of the belly band.


This really is a fancy fold and I hope it brings as much
Christmas cheer as it has given me to create.





NOTE: I have "cheated" by using a cut file to make my cards,
Beccy has shared a fabulous tutorial HERE, so that
you can make your very own Diamond Fold Cards with
just a scoreboard and bone folder.  Happy Crafting :)

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
I used the following elements from the set:
Paper White – digital paper
Merry Little Christmas – digital sentiment
Bells with Bow and Pine – pre-coloured digital stamp
Bell Top Corner – pre-coloured digital stamp
Bell Lower Corner – pre-coloured digital stamp
Diamond Fold Card – cut file - by Lori Whitlock
- Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #78305
textured cardstock
bone folder - to form & burnish the folds
Helmar 450 Quick Dry - to adhere the layers
Tombow Mono Multi - to adhere the smaller panels

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great card Tracy! I love the additional layer from the belly band, you've done an amazing job lining up the images. I'm going to have to give this one another go. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.