Wednesday 22 November 2023

L is for Leftovers


L is for Leftovers


Remember the "A is for Animal with Antlers" cards I shared for the Day 1 - A prompt?

Well I have to confess that I tend to keep the "negative" bits from cutting projects as Little Hands enjoy creating with them.  Before I got to share the antlers left over from those cards, I remembered a fun kids craft activity HERE and decided to put the leftovers to a different use.   Instead of using pipe cleaners to make Rudolph's antlers, my Kid's Christmas Reindeer Craft Activity will use Leftover antlers.  I also cut a bundle of extra assorted antlers (using Leftover cardstock from making other Christmas cards), to make sure there would be plenty on hand for Little Hands and because it's nice to have a variety of styles and colours.  I printed Christmas sentiments on Letter-sized Kraft cardstock sheets, positioned so that I could make both portrait and landscape style top folding A2 cards.  Once printed, I cut the sheets in half, scored and folded to form a bundle of card bases.  I gathered some assorted pom poms and googly eyes and the activity was almost ready ... almost ...

... I had to do a "test run" to make sure the Leftovers could become cheery Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer cards.  Some of the original "Leftovers" were a bit light coloured against the Kraft cardstock, so I pulled out a marker and gave the pair I was going to use a makeover.  I will keep some brown markers handy in case Little Hands want to make their mark too.  A thin line of adhesive and the antlers were soon decorating my "sample card".

   

I originally had the left and right antlers separated
then decided to add a little learning to this activity.
Now we can practice LEFT and RIGHT,
along with SORTING and MATCHING.


... I will have to prepare a bundle of cards without sentiments,
so that the older Little Hands can practice their handwriting.


... there are plenty of self adhesive googly eyes and red pom poms to choose from
and I will add some loose assorted larger sized googly eyes to the mix too.  I expect there
will be some odd sized eye pairings and I think it will add to the fun.


I think Santa will enjoy seeing Leftover Rudolph cards being created.

   

*** Note: this cute card design was inspired by the Kid-Made Christmas Reindeer Cards 
project shared on the "Non-Toy Gifts Easy Crafts For Kids" blog. ***

2nd Note: I'm trying to use a design from Beccy's Place for the prompt each day.
This project doesn't include any BUT in my defence, they use the Leftovers
from the "A" cards shared HERE that used a Beccy's Place digital stamp.

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
Leftovers - "negative" bits from making these cards
Assorted antlers cut from Leftover brown cardstock
Kraft cardstock - Letter sized
- cut and scored to make A2 card bases
scoreboard & bone folder - to make card bases
assorted red pom poms
assorted googly eyes
glue dots & assorted adhesives - to adhere antlers, eyes & noses
I find that glue dots are often an easier and
faster way for Little Hands to secure pom poms

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my Kid's Christmas Reindeer Craft Activity in the

1 comment:

  1. These are such happy cards Tracy, they make me smile just looking at them. So simple, but so much fun! I think it's the googly eyes.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.