Tuesday 14 November 2023

K is for Kraft



K is for Kraft
... but it really should be "D is for Dotty" because I'm
going dotty from dotting glue on the back of the trees
... so many dots ...


My Kraft tags started in ... you guessed it, Silhouette Studio.  I opened the Christmas Tree Tag - cut file from My Scrap Chick and adjusted tag height down a smidgen, leaving the width the same and the delicate Christmas Tree as original size.  The tags are 9/16" wide by 5 13/16" high and I was able to fit eight on my cutting mat.  I made some reinforcing rings to go over the hole in each tag, not that I expect them to do any hard work, I just like how they finish them off on both sides.  I used the hole size in the tag, then added an offset, so that the ring would protect the hole and still leave a little gap at the top.  I cut the tags and reinforcing rings from Kraft cardstock.  I crossed my fingers and toes and sent the Christmas Trees to cut from white cardstock AND they cut perfectly.  I'm thrilled, the branches are so narrow, less than 1/32" of an inch or, if you're like me and work in metric, that's less than 1mm.  Pretty awesome, right?



I dotted (... and dotted and dotted) the backs of the trees and adhered them to the tag bases.  A reinforcing ring was glued to the front and back of each tag and soon all eight were finished.  I'm still in awe of the delicate trees.  I have to confess that I'm a bit of a ribbon "collector" and have plenty in my stash, so will add the ribbon to the tags when I go to use them, so they can coordinate with the wrapping paper.


NOTE: I'm trying to use a design from Beccy's Place for the prompt each day.
This project doesn't include any but I will keep doing my best to do it
... maybe I should drag out my favourite Jingle Bell set for another workout.

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
note: I made reinforcing rings to go on both sides of the tag holes
Kraft cardstock - for the tag bases
white textured cardstock - for the delicate trees
Tombow Mono Multi - liquid adhesive

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my tags in the

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a labour of love Tracy... so many tiny branches! It was worth it though, the little trees are fabulous. I love the white over the kraft background.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the white trees on the kraft. Amazing that you managed to cut (and glue) all of those dainty shapes. 1 mm is really small.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.