Tuesday 14 November 2023

Day 5 - Same But Different


Day 5 - Same But Different


Earlier today I shared my Day 14 - L is for Layers card HERE.
While matting the image panel I wondered how I could make this design without any matting, with the bell strings hanging from the top card fold.  Now you can see, yes, I could make it and I'm thrilled with how this single layered CAS card design turned out.


My wide slimline card with a trio of jingle bells started in Silhouette Studio.
I opened the "Single Bell" pre-coloured digital stamp and "Merry Little Christmas" digital sentiment from the Jingle Bell digital stamp set by Beccy’s Place.  I replicated the bells so that I had three to work with, I sized them all differently and flipped one so that the bow was facing opposite the others.  I arranged the bells at different heights and sized sentiment to fit nicely together on an 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" panel.
Instead of printing the panel for a card front, I wanted this CAS card to be a single layer, the image printed then folded to form a slimline card.  I set up my mat to be Letter size (8 1/2" x 11"), created a rectangle the same size (Letter) and centre aligned it on the mat.  I aligned the image panel with the bottom of the rectangle then centre aligned it.  I printed the panel on 300gsm smooth white cardstock, scored the top folds at 3 1/2", formed the card, burnished the fold and trimmed to size.  The bell strings lined up perfectly along the top fold and looks so pretty.  It's my new "one-sheet-wonder".  (There's no waste either, as the panel trimmed off can become a
matting layer for another slimline card later, a win-win.)
One last thing was needed to finish the cards off, a magical touch of
sparkle with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to all the bells.



I love the delicate sparkle from Wink of Stella
but it's so hard to capture it in photos ...
trust me, it's there and it twinkles in the light from all angles,
a real delicate, luscious sparkle on the smooth cardstock.



~~~*~~~*~~~

INGREDIENTS
I used the following elements from the set:
Single Bell - pre-coloured digital stamp
Merry Little Christmas – digital sentiment
300gsm smooth white Letter cardstock - to create the card
scoreboard & bone folder - to score and burnish the card fold
Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush - to add sparkle to the bell

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the

 

2 comments:

  1. I actually like this better than the original Tracy... straight onto the card, with no border, looks fantastic! You must have a brilliant printer, your images always come out so crisp and clean. Gorgeous CAS card!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SO MUCH Beccy!
    I confess, I love the elegant look with the bell strings going to the top of the card too ... might have to make some more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.