Thursday 23 November 2023

Day 23 - CASE Yourself




Well, I will be the first to confess that as we draw to the end of the month and the alphabet, I am getting more nervous about what I can create.  I was thrilled to see that “U” had not appeared as expected, today’s prompt is "CASE Yourself" and I am MORE than happy to work with that, even if it is only delaying the inevitable.  Earlier this month I made a pair of CAS cards using the Single Bell image from the Jingle Bell digital stamp set by Beccy’s Place.  After some digital tweaking, I was able to make it look like the bells were hanging from the top fold of the card.  It was lovely to get such positive feedback from Beccy at the time, as I am often filled with self-doubt.
Needless to say, I’m CASE-ing THESE cards, with a slight addition.


Usually I add “made with love by Tracy” on the back of my cards, sometimes handwritten, sometimes printed and cut to a small shape, then adhered to the back.  Today, with this CAS card design, I was able to add my “label” by printing it at the same time as my card panel.  All I had to do was position it “just right” and turn it upside-down, so that when I printed it on Letter sized cardstock, trimmed to size, scored and folded, the “label” was on the lower back of the card.  To finish them off, I added a touch of Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush sparkle to each bell and soon had six more CAS slimline Christmas cards.


The two cards on the left were my originals.
The ones on the right are from the six "bonus" ones,
they come with my "label" already in place on the back. 


My cards still have the same CAS design

and the same luscious silver sparkle.
  

~~~*~~~*~~~

You can read the full details HERE, where I shared my original cards.
In summary, these wide slimline cards use the "Single Bell" pre-coloured digital stamp and "Merry Little Christmas" digital sentiment from the Jingle Bell digital stamp set by Beccy’s Place.  I replicated the bells (making a trio), sizing the them all differently and flipped one so that the bow was facing opposite the others.  I arranged the bells at different heights and sized sentiment to fit nicely together on an 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" panel.  I created a "made with love by Tracy" label, rotated and positioned it to go on the back of the cards, printed the cards on 300gsm smooth white cardstock, scored the top folds at 3 1/2", formed the card, burnished the fold and trimmed to size.  One last thing was needed to finish the cards off, a magical touch of sparkle with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to all the bells.

~~~*~~~*~~~

NOTE:  “U” is still to come and I hope to be inspired tonight,
otherwise I will have to submit one of my many UFP’s
"Un-Finished-Projects"

~~~*~~~*~~~

INGREDIENTS
I used the following elements from the set:
Single Bell - pre-coloured digital stamp
Merry Little Christmas – digital sentiment
300gsm smooth white Letter cardstock - to create the card
scoreboard & bone folder - to score and burnish the card fold
Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush - to add sparkle to the bell

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the

 

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are fantastic Tracy... you've had lots of great ones to choose from! I completely agree with you as to the letters we have left in the challenge, all the difficult ones. My least favourite is X. Ughh.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.