Saturday 11 November 2023

Day 11 - Use Your Scraps


I'm sure that Beccy must be peeking
... because last night I used scraps on the cards I'm about to share ... my cards were hoping for a Jolly "J" prompt this morning ... little did they know that a secret confession I shared in how I made them fits today's prompt perfectly ... I had my confession hidden within the creative detail, now my scraps secret is out there for all to see, big, bold and orange! 

J is for Jolly ... Snowman Jolly Fence


No, you're not seeing things, the snowmen have come out to play again.
I shared a CAS card with this same image HERE, and
have some comparison photos at the end of this post.

Anyway, let's get back to today, I opened the Snowman Jolly Fence pre-coloured image from the Snowfolk digital stamp set by Beccy's Place in Silhouette Studio.  I planned on making 5.5" top folding cards, so I sized the image to fit on a 4 3/4" square panel with a matting layer and white background.
I confess I got a bit tricky next.  My favourite white textured cardstock is no longer available now and I haven't found an alternative in Australia yet, so I am treating every sheet like gold, white gold, so precious!  I printed two image panels on white textured cardstock and trimmed them to 5.55" square, then trimmed the 4 3/4" square image panels from out of the middle.  I kept the outer squares for the background of the card and adhered them to card bases made from smooth white cardstock.  That left me with a matted card base with a big hole in the middle.  I fossicked in my "scraps" box and found some white pieces that I trimmed down for a perfect fit.  A bit of adhesive and the "holes" were no more, the image panel will sit flat on the card front and no-one (except you) will ever know.

I matted the image panels on blue cardstock, trimmed to a 1/16" mat with my Perfect Layers Ruler then adhered the panels on to the card bases matted with "special" white textured cardstock.

   

I do love how printed images look on textured cardstock.



~~~***~~~***~~~

Here are the two designs together ...
the C is for Cute CAS Christmas Card on smooth cardstock,
the J is for Jolly card on textured cardstock,
it's hard to choose a favourite, they both make me smile.


   

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
Snowman Jolly Fence - pre-coloured digital stamp from the Snowfolk digital stamp set
Unfortunately this set is no longer available from the Beccy’s Place Store so I jumped in my Way-Back Machine and had a search for the Snowfolk digital stamp set in action on the blog.  There are four digital stamps and four pre-coloured digital stamps in this set and here’s what I found:
ZP Macaroni Salad font by Illustration Ink - Christmas Wishes
Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #261611
textured cardstock
300gsm smooth white cardstock - to make card bases
scoreboard & bone folder - to make card bases
Perfect Layers Rulers - for matting layer
Helmar 450 Quick Dry - liquid adhesive

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the

 

1 comment:

  1. Your post was very entertaining Tracy, thanks for the laugh! Although I can definitely commiserate with the slow dwindling of a favourite product that is no longer available for purchase. I'm glad you're getting the most out of every piece, and I promise that your secret is safe with me! Fabulous cards!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.