Tuesday 28 November 2023

Day 5 – Same But Different - Pink Candy Holly



My Same-But-Different card was inspired by my
CAS slimline Candy Holly card from I is for Ink, Sweet Ink

I took the same image, sentiment and slimline design then
added a delicate pink layer to enhance the pretty pastels.


I opened the Candy Holly pre-coloured digital stamp from the Candy Canes digital stamp set by Beccy’s Place in Silhouette Studio and sized the image to fit nicely on a wide slimline card (8 1/2" x  3 1/2"), with the image panel sized to 7 3/4" x 3 3/4" to allow for a matting layer.  This pretty little candy cane looked like it wanted to go on a wide slimline card, so I duplicated the image and mirrored-flipped it, so that I had opposites to go on either side of the card.  Next came the sentiment, "Sweet Christmas Wishes" from the same digital stamp set.  I sized the images and sentiment to fit.  I printed the image-sentiment panel on smooth white Letter sized cardstock, trimmed to size, matted with pretty pink textured cardstock, trimmed to 1/16using a Perfect Layers Ruler, then adhered to a wide slimline card base I had made from 300gsm smooth white cardstock.


   

I used the Candy Holly image to create some cards for Day 10 - "I",
you can read about it HERE or by clicking on the photo below.


~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
Candy Holly pre-coloured digital stamp from the
Candy Canes digital stamp set by Beccy’s Place
Kaisercraft Bloom textured cardstock - to mat the image panel
Perfect Layers Ruler - to trim matting layer
300gsm smooth white letter cardstock
to print the image panel & make the card base
scoreboard & bone folder - to form the card base

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my card in the

1 comment:

  1. Love the narrow pink border Tracy, the frame is wonderful. It's amazing what a difference just a little change can make to a design, especially when adding or changing colours.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.