Wednesday 1 November 2023

A is for an Animal with Antlers

It's time for the 11th Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge at Beccy's Place.


Day 1 - A
A is for an Animal with Antlers
with the Added bonus of using the Antelope Island font


I started by opening the Rudolph Reindeer Card cut file from Simply Crafty svgs in Silhouette Studio.  The original card design is for a 4.25" wide x 5.5" high card, so I changed it to be 5.5” square because I like making top fold cards.  The sentiment went a bit wonky when I changed the sizing, so I added my own sentiment and instead of making it as a print N cut, I cut out the letters and made them pop by adding a black panel behind them before matting with the other sentiment panel layers.  My very own "HO HO HO" sentiment uses the Antelope Island font, an added bonus for the "A" prompt.

   

I used the front panel and made a matching matting panel for inside by deleting the reindeer cut-out elements.  I added the “Merry Christmas” sentiment from the Tied Up With String digital stamp set from Beccy’s Place, printed the panel then cut the fancy shaped sentiment panel for inside the card using my Silhouette Cameo.


After I glued all the layers of the card together, I finished it off by adding bronze bling to the card front corners and to the end of sentiment strip.

Pretty inside and out.

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
Rudolph Reindeer Card cut file - FREE design - Simply Crafty svgs
Merry Christmas digital sentiment – Tied Up With String digital stamp set
– from Beccy’s Place
Antelope Island font - Design ID #259139 - Silhouette Design Store
OR, an alternate source for this font is ... 
textured cardstock
Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue – to glue the smaller pieces
Helmar 450 Quick Dry liquid adhesive – to glue the larger pieces
bronze rhinestones – to accent the frame & sentiment

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the

2 comments:

  1. These cards are adorable Tracy, I love the design! Such a simple little picture, but fabulously effective! You did a wonderful job with the inside of the cards too. It's always nice to see a little extra when you open them up. Love them!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a simple but very festive design. Love them, Tracy.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.