Friday 3 November 2023

C is for Cute CAS Christmas Tree Cards


C is for Cute CAS Christmas Tree Cards



I had so much fun making these cards*, they make me smile and
I hope they bring more smiles as Christmas mail starts arriving.

I started by opening one of my favourite Christmas sentiments from Beccy's Place, "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (from the Christmas Blooms digital stamp set), in Silhoutte Studio.  I sized the sentiment to fit nicely on a tall slimline card.  I planned on making several of these cards, so I played around with the sentiment placement so that they were a little different.  I printed the sentiment on sheets of 300gsm smooth white Letter cardstock, scored at 3 1/2", burnished the fold then trimmed off the excess, creating six slimline cards.  Next came the cute Christmas Trees.  I decided to cut them from textured cardstock and used the Nested Christmas Trees cut file (details below), cutting brown tree trunks, triangle trees in different shades of green and little yellow stars to top the trees.  I used a large clear ruler to align the tree trunks, adhered them in place, then adhered the trees and stars in place.  Lucky last came the googly eyes.  I used liquid adhesive to secure them in place.




   

Hope my little trees bring a smile to your day :)

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
"Merry Little Christmas" digital sentiment from the Christmas Blooms digital stamp set
- from the Beccy’s Place Store 
Nested Christmas Trees - Silhouette Design Store Design ID # 309188
– cut file by Sweet Afton
300gsm smooth white cardstock - card bases
textured cardstock - to form the trees
scoreboard and bone folder - to form card bases
4" wide/deep clear ruler - to align the tree trunks above the sentiment
... not sure how best to describe, the ruler is 14" long and 4" wide
googly eyes
Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue - to adhere tree elements & googly eyes
- leave the eyes undisturbed to dry, they stay super slippery for quite a while

* Note: this cute card design was inspired by a card by “Handmade by Marie”
but the site is no longer available, so unfortunately I cannot share a link. *

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the

2 comments:

  1. Awww, these are so much fun!! Great idea for a cute card Tracy, and it looks like they're quick to make too. The googly eyes are awesome and I love that you've put different sized ones on each card. Fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, these are so cute and put a big smile on my face. Absolutely adorable with those fun googley eyes. Too cute!!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.