Saturday 11 November 2023

H is for Holly Envelopes



H is for Holly Envelopes
... to match the Holly Cards I made earlier


I opened the Holly Note Card cut file in Silhouette Studio and enlarged the card and envelope so that my card base was 6.75 inches wide and 5.25 inches high, with these perfect fit matching envelopes.  The file comes with a matching envelope, so the size of my card was limited by how large I could make the envelopes.  To adjust the size, I grouped them together and sized the envelopes as large as I could, with the envelope just fitting on a 12x12 sheet of cardstock and within the cutting limits of my mat.  I cut the envelope panels and liner pieces from textured cardstock and scored the fold lines.  Yes, I deleted the scorelines from the cut file, as I prefer the smooth edges the scoreboard and bone folder create.  I adhered the green liner panel to the envelope flaps.  To assemble the envelopes, I placed the Holly cards on the flat envelope pieces in the middle, folding the side flaps inwards, ran a line of liquid adhesive along the bottom edges of the flaps, then folded the bottom flap up and pressed in place over the side flaps.  The cards have lots of layers and adhering the flaps in place this way ensures that they're not too snug a fit for easily inserting-removing them.

When I closed the top flap of the envelopes I decided the holly berry detail needed to contrast against the holly leaves, so I adhered some red rhinestone berries to finish them off.


The Holly cards fit inside perfectly,
almost like they were made-to-measure.

   



NOTE: I'm trying to use a design from Beccy's Place for the prompt each day.
This project doesn't include any BUT the Holly Cards that match
these envelopes used a Beccy's Place digital sentiment stamp.

HERE are the Holly Cards shared earlier,
or click on the photo to read all about them.

~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
Holly Note Card – free cut file - from Dreaming Tree
textured cardstock
scoreboard & bone folder - to form the envelopes
Helmar Acid Free Professional - liquid adhesive - for the side flaps
Tombow Mono Multi - liquid adhesive - for the liner on the top flap
red rhinestones - to accent the envelope flap

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my envelopes in the

 

2 comments:

  1. And matching envelopes! Even better! I like the little rhinestone details Tracy, a little touch of sparkle is always welcome at Christmas.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set of cards and envelopes. I have a little holly stamp that I normally stamp on my envelopes. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.