Sunday 19 November 2023

Q is for Quick & Quirky Q-Tip Cards



Q is for Quick & Quirky Q-Tip Cards
Q-tips are known as cotton buds here in Australia


I was inspired by THIS * kids Q-Tip craft activity and had so
much fun creating my quicker-and-easier-to make" version.
I had even more fun dotting my sample card and I hope that the
little hands that come to play at our house enjoy this activity too.
... CAUTION ...
This activity can be Quite messy, messy but fun!

I started by opening another one of my favourite Christmas sentiments from Beccy's Place, "twinkle, twinkle Christmas lights" (from the Merle digital stamp set), in Silhouette Studio, along with a Christmas Lights cut file (details below).  I set my mat to Letter cardstock size, so that I could make two A2 (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") top folding cards from each sheet.  I sized the sentiment to fit nicely in the middle of what would become the front of the card.  I framed the sentiment with the Christmas light string design (just the string, not the ornaments) and set them to be printed, not cut.  One click to send it to print and 10 sheets later I was scoring the sheets in half along the narrow side, cutting in half across the long side and I had twenty cards ready to be folded and coloured.


   



Little hands are going to have such dotty adventures with these,
as I will have assorted paints, glitter and glitter glue with the
cotton tips and their imagination can get super creative ...
while I'm secretly developing their hand-eye co-ordination skills :)

... and I have lots of cards for them to use,
along with more little paint pots on order.



~~~*~~~*~~~
INGREDIENTS
"twinkle, twinkle Christmas lights" digital sentiment from the Merle digital stamp set
- from the Beccy’s Place Store 
Christmas Lights cut file by Miss Kate Cuttables
- Silhouette Design Store Design ID # 238900
300gsm smooth white cardstock
scoreboard and bone folder - to form card bases
Cotton Buds - for colouring / painting
- also known as Q-Tips
assorted acrylic paints - for colouring / painting
assorted glitter glue - instead of cotton tip dotting
assorted glitter - to mix with paint or sprinkle on dotted lights

* Note: this cute card design was inspired by the Q-Tip Painted Christmas Lights
project shared on The Best Ideas For Kids blog.  Instead of doodling lines to create
the Christmas Lights to colour, I used a digital Christmas Lights design,
making it quicker and easier for me to make lots of them for Little Hands. *

~~~*~~~*~~~
I have entered my cards in the

1 comment:

  1. I wondered if you were doing the kids activities this year Tracy... hadn't seen anything on your blog yet. The kids are going to have a ball with this one! I wish I could come down and play too, it really looks like fun. What a great result you get from a simple Q-tip and a little bit of paint (not to mention all the prior printing and scoring and folding). Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time visit my blog and to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) of May 2018, those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible and accessible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Followers of this blog should be aware that their photo and link back to their profile are visible and accessible to anyone who visits this blog and thereby consent to the use of personal information for that specific purpose. This Data Protection and Privacy Policy applies to all content published on my blog and to content published on my blog prior to this document becoming effective.
By visiting this blog and commenting, please consider yourself informed of this privacy and data protection notice.